Guidelines for participating in Summit NAVIKA 2015 music events
Genre and Duration
- Classical (Including Carnatic and Hindustani)
- Solo – 5 minutes
- Groups of 2-6 [excluding accompaniments] – 10 minutes
- Groups of more than 6 [excluding accompaniments] – 15 minutes
Guidelines for participation:
- All performers participating in the music program must adhere to the general rules as well as those specified herein.
- All compositions of vocal and instrumental performances have to be in Kannada language.
- Group performances are given preference.
- Entries are considered complete only when both the entry form and the audio clip have been received.
- Music committee decisions are final and binding.
- NAVIKA 2015 will not provide accompaniments. Participants must bring their own accompaniments.
Materials Required for Submission:
- Entry Form
- Good quality CD or mp3 clip of the proposed songs. If not available, audio/video of a rehearsal may be submitted. (Need not be professionally recorded, a home recording will suffice).
- A sample clip of your music audio of 5 minutes or less should be attached.
- A minimum of some shruti accompaniment is preferred in the audio clip.
- Sample clip for Chitra geethe entries have to be recorded with karaoke track.
- Artists’ profile.
- If available, reviews of proposed or past performances, media coverage, photographs etc., are encouraged for submission.
Deadline for submitting entries: June 15th.
Entries selected for performance will be informed via email by: June 30th.